Monday 4 April 2011

Meanwhile...


It'll be months and months until my just-planted tomatoes are ready to hit the plate, so in the meantime I'm exploring some of the more unusual varieties on offer. After all, I need to properly test any potential crops before giving precious bedding space to what could be a rotten tomato.

I used these little beauties to add a touch of glamour to the leafy salad that accompanied a baked trout and herby mayonnaise dish yesterday.

I love the dark and moody burgundy shade of the tiger tomatoes, they were nestled like dinosaur eggs in Franklins Farm Shop on Lordship Lane on Saturday morning. Franklins have a select range of seasonal produce which my limited purse will only occasionally allow me to indulge in, an occasional treat rather than my usual shop. But what a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...