Friday 15 April 2011

Night vision


I love this time of year - the garden is just starting to sputter into life, tiny green buds wending their way to the surface for a look at what 2011 has to offer. I noticed the rhododendron last night, now covered with a haze of delicate flushed pink flowers. Sigh. So lovely.

The battered old terracotta pots that occupy my windowsill were crying out to be replanted, so I optimistically threw some Red Flame lettuce seeds into their murky depths two weeks ago. I love the sight of these promising little shoots so much that I can't bring myself to draw the blinds all the way down at night any more.

Here's hoping that it's only foxes and lost parakeets that find their way into my garden at night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...