Saturday 1 January 2011

Food year resolutions


I have a confession to make - I don't believe in new year's resolutions. To drunkenly tell every Tom, Dick and Harry about your intention to visit the gym twice weekly until you can squeeze into a pair of size 6 jeans seems extremely foolhardy. Better to make changes quietly in the normal run of things so nobody notices if it all goes to pot...

But there are things that I intend try this year so here, in no particular order, are my soon-to-be-ruined good intentions for eating in 2011.  Wish me luck!

~1  Shop more in markets, specifically my local markets. It's difficult to find inspiration in Tesco.

~2  Try some Caribbean food. I live in the middle of a very large Caribbean community for pities sake! It's time to get over my fear of the unknown and stretch my boundaries.

~3  Eat more, spend less. I'm afraid this means eating out less, at least for a while.

~4  Never be sorry for trying something worthwhile that goes wrong, a good rule in life as well as in the kitchen.

Manageable? Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...